If You Have Mental Illness, You Can't Apply!
P.I.E. Blog

If You Have Mental Illness, You Can't Apply!

Senator Mitch McConnell, a republican from Kentucky, is in the news this morning for being a "victim" of an unauthorized recording in his private strategy room. Mother Jones, a news outlet that features “investigative, political, and social justice reporting,” released audio tapes of Senator McConnell’s attack against Ashley Judd, a prospective challenger for his senate seat in the next Kentucky State election.

The senator’s plan was simple—expose Ashley Judd, a Hollywood actress, feminist and humanitarian, for being emotionally unbalanced and erratic. The tapes feature his staff talking about her admitted mental illness as a viable strategy for proving this point. The topic of discussion heard on the tapes extends from her 6-week stay in a hospital because of psychological issues in the 90’s to her religious beliefs.

Whatever plans Senator McConnell made have been foiled thanks to these tapes. While the senator, who has served in the U.S. Senate for the last 29 years, is concerned about who made the tapes, you have to wonder about the integrity of a man who believes that someone’s mental history is fair political game. Does Senator McConnell know that over 17 million Americans deal with depression every day? Does the senator know that women are twice as likely to suffer from depression as men, which makes his political tactics not only grimy, but sexist?

One of the goals of Psych37news.com is to decrease the stigma associated with mental illness and raise awareness for mental health issues. Senator McConnell’s plan is in direct conflict with those goals. Might I add that Psych37news.com shares these goals with some very important mental health organizations like the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), American Psychological Association (APA), Mental Health America (MHA), American Mental Health Counselors Association (AMHCA) and the American Psychiatric Association (APA). All of these organizations have thousands of members, thus some considerable political power.

What makes Ashley Judd, a woman stable enough to star in 20 Hollywood films, several television shows and two Broadway shows, unfit to run against Senator McConnell? Is it the thousands of fans that she has throughout the state of Kentucky that may actually vote for her? Is it her down to earth quality that makes others relate to her?

I have to wonder if the Senator has ever considered that, with so many Americans struggling with mental illness (over 60 million), isn’t it highly possible that our Congress is made up of mentally-ill people? You can’t tell me that, out of the 535 elected officials (100 senators and 435 representatives), American citizens have managed to vote for the most psychologically-healthy people we could find.

From the senator’s poor, little, slanted view, he is the victim. However, in the psychology world, he is a scared bully who is grabbing at straws to save his political career. Even though Judd decided not to run, it looks like she stayed in the race just long enough to unveil the heart of McConnell.

I wonder if he has started a campaign to have segegrated water fountains at Capitol Hill..."For Mentally-Healthy Only."

Psychology IEverywhere!

15 Comments to If You Have Mental Illness, You Can't Apply!:

Comments RSS
viaggi tibet on Sunday, May 19, 2013 2:14 AM
Heya i for the first time here. I found this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and aid others like you aided me.

plastic bag making machines on Monday, June 10, 2013 4:45 PM
Heya i for the primary time here. I found this board and I in finding It really useful & it helped me out much. I hope to present one thing again and help others like you aided me.

fake watches on Monday, July 15, 2013 6:20 AM
From the senator’s poor, little, slanted view, he is the victim. However, in the psychology world, he is a scared bully who is grabbing at straws to save his political career. Even though Judd decided not to run, it looks like she stayed in the race just long enough to unveil the heart of McConnell.

emulsifying machines on Tuesday, August 20, 2013 6:17 AM
Liquid filling machines plays an important role in such areas and you can get your expected work done with the help of such kind of machine.

Anonymous on Sunday, June 8, 2014 6:34 PM
That is really interesting, You are a very skilled blogger. I have joined your feed and sit up for in search of extra of your excellent post. Additionally, I have shared your website in my social networks!

ray ban glasses on Sunday, September 28, 2014 10:22 AM
I think this is one of the most vital info for me. And i'm glad reading your article. But wanna remark on some general things, The website style is wonderful, the articles is really excellent : D. Good job, cheers

faiz on Tuesday, January 22, 2019 4:04 AM
umah dia menemukan buku sihir hitam yang ditinggalkaling 7 jual baja h beam jual pipa boiler jual plat abrex 400 jual plat asme516 grade70 jual plat astm a285 c jual plat astm516 70 jual plat boiler jual plat hardox jual plat hb 400 jual plat high strenght jual plat high tensile sm490 yb Pabrik Wiremesh Supplier Besi Unp Baja Harga besi wf www.pusatbesibaja.co.id Jual sch 40 Jual sch 40 Supplier bondek Supplier besi hollow undangan pernikahan ada foto Pabrik Besi Pipa Baja Schedule 80 Agen Besi Unp Baja Jual besi wf www.pusatbesibaja.com Jual Jaket Parka Jaket Parka Jual Jaket Parka Jaket Parka undangan pernikahan kalender undangan pernikahan bahasa inggris islam undangan pernikahan islami undangan pernikahan unik dan murah undangan pernikahan modern undangan pernikahan online undangan pernikahan undangan pernikahan amplop surat undangan pernikahan simple undangan pernikahan murah undangan pernikahan unik undangan pernikahan artis undangan pernikahan modern undangan pernikahan artis undangan pernikahan arab undangan pernikahan undangan pernikahan Jual besi hollow Jual besi hollow Toko besi siku Toko pipa besi baja sch 40 sch 80 undangan pernikahan bentuk tas Supplier Besi H beam Agen Wiremesh Besi baja Jual plat kapal besi baja Pabrik besi beton master steel ms Supplier besi hollow Supplier besi hollow Toko pipa besi baja sch 40 sch 80 Toko besi hollow undangan pernikahan ada fotonya Supplier Besi Beton Toko Wiremesh Besi baja Supplier plat kapal besi baja Pabrik besi beton ksty Toko besi hollow Toko besi hollow Toko Plat besi Toko besi beton Sni Ulir Polos undangan pernikahan aneh www.sentrabesibaja.com Jual Wiremesh Besi baja Toko plat kapal besi baja Pabrik besi beton krakatau steel Agen besi hollow Agen besi hollow Toko besi h beam Toko besi wf baja undangan pernikahan amplop Pabrik Welded Beam T beam King Queen Cross Castellated Beam Harga Wiremesh Besi baja Agen plat kapal besi baja Distributor besi siku baja Pabrik besi beton gunung garuda Harga pipa besi Harga pipa besi Toko besi unp Toko Plat besi plat kapal undangan pernikahan online Pabrik Plat Bordes Kembang Supplier Besi Siku Baja Harga besi siku baja Pabrik besi beton delcoprima Jual pipa besi Jual pipa besi Toko besi cnp Toko besi h beam baja undangan pernikahan anti mainstream Pabrik Plat Besi Hitam Agen Besi Siku Baja Jual besi siku baja Pabrik besi beton cakra steel cs Supplier pipa besi Supplier pipa besi Toko besi hollow Toko besi cnp undangan pernikahan cantik dan murah Pabrik Plat Kapal Bki Krakatau Steel Toko Besi Siku Baja Supplier besi siku baja Pabrik besi beton bjku Toko pipa besi Toko pipa besi Toko besi beton Sni Ulir Polos www.gudangbesibaja.com undangan pernikahan unik Pabrik Jual Besi Siku Baja

Radiofrequency Lesioning Frankfort on Saturday, June 15, 2019 3:32 AM
Some really useful slides here. I've been looking for something like this to help with a research piece I've been working on.

SkyCap Financial on Friday, July 5, 2019 9:45 AM
Sometimes, emergencies happen and regardless of budgeting, extra help might be necessary. SkyCap Financial also offers small loans ($10,000 or less) with a quick and efficient application process.

Google on Saturday, December 21, 2019 2:39 AM
I am glad to read this article.

Useless Websites on Wednesday, February 12, 2020 1:26 AM
If You Have Mental Illness, You Can't Apply! Useless Websites

Mental Health Speaker on Saturday, March 28, 2020 3:53 AM
Thanks a lot for sharing this useful and attractive information and I will be waiting for other interesting posts from you in the nearest future. keep it up.

Mental Health Speaker on Saturday, March 28, 2020 4:08 AM
I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Better Body on Saturday, March 28, 2020 4:48 AM
First of all i would like to thank you for the great and informative entry. I have to admit that I have never heard about this information I have noticed many new facts for me.

Digital X-Ray In Delhi on Monday, March 30, 2020 8:20 AM